Spicy Shrimp & Spinach Pasta
- 1lb Pasta
- 1 bunch Fresh Parsely
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1tbsp Garlic Butter
1 tbsp butter, 2 cloves
- 1/4cup Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2lb Crushed Tomatoes
- 2lb Cherry Tomatoes
- 1lb Shrimp
- 2cups Spinach
- 1/2cup Heavy Cream
- Salt, Pepper, Spices
- Olive Oil
- Heat a film of
olive oil over medium-high heat in a large pot. Add
onion and cook, stirring regularly, for 8-10min until very brown.
garlic butter and cook an additional 3-4min until very frothy and browned. Add
red wine and reduce heat to a simmer, scraping the bottom of the pot.
- Stir in tomatoes and season. Cover and let simmer for 30min.
- While sauce simmers, Heat salted water to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Add pasta and cook until al dente. Reserve 1/2cup of the cooking water before draining. Toss pasta with
olive oil and parsely, set aside.
- Taste sauce and season as needed. Stir in
shrimp and spinach and cook for 5-7min, or until
shrimp are opaque and
spinach has wilted.
- Stir in
heavy cream and reserved cooking water, simmer for an additional 5min.
- Toss pasta in the sauce and cook for an additional 1-2min before serving.