Cast Iron Pan Pizza
- 2 1/2cup Bread Flour
- 1tsp Active Dry Yeast
- 1cup Pizza Sauce
- 12oz Mozzarella
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt
flour, yeast, 2tsp
salt, 1 1/3cup
water in a large bowl. Mix with hands or a wooden spoon until no drop flour remains. The bowl should have plenty of room for the dough to rise.
- Cover bowl tightly with plastic wrap, then rest at room temperatore for 8 to 24 hours.
- Sprinkle dough top of dough lightly with
flour, then transfer to a well-floured work surface. Divide dough into to pieces and knead to squeeze the air out of each, until they form tight balls.
- Pour 2tbsp
olive oil into two 10-inch cast iron pans. Place a ball of dough in each pan and turn to coat evenly in oil. Press dough around the pan, flattening it and spreading oil around the entire bottom and edges of the pan.
- Cover pans tightly with plastic wrap and let sit at room temperature for 2 hours. With 30 minutes left, preheat oven to 525 degrees and ensure a rack is in middle position.
- After 2 hours, remove plastic wrap from pans and use fingers to spread dough to fill bottom of pan. Lift edges and resettle to free any air bubbles.
- Add any spices to top of dough, then split
pizza sauce evenly between each pan, spreading to the edges. Repeat for
mozzarella, and add any toppings.
- Bake for 15 minutes, let rest 5 minutes before removing from pan.